Glasdon were keen to take part in Macmillan’s biggest fundraising event.*
With the official date set for September 24th, staff at Glasdon went above and beyond and spent the week of the 20th baking goodies to raise money for the cause.
World's Biggest Coffee Morning.
Since its origins in 1990, Macmillan’s Coffee Morning has raised a colossal £290 million and began with a simple premise–to gather and come together over coffee and cake and donate the cost to Macmillan.
Now an annual national event, the money raised enables Macmillan Cancer Trust to provide person-centred, twenty-four-hour care to those in need.
- £71 – could run an online community forum for 3 hours.
- £100 – could pay for a patient to attend a health and well-being event.
- £350 – could provide a family with a much-needed holiday.
- £606 – could pay a Macmillan Support Worker for a week.
- £1,135 – could pay a Macmillan nurse for a week.
From 20–24th September, staff at Glasdon held their own coffee morning, baking and selling everything from Vegan Chickpea Brownies, Mars Bars Rice Crispy Cakes to Peanut Butter cookies and Lime Drizzle cake.
Thank you to everyone who took part and contributed to the cause.
Glasdon staff, along with the Glasdon Charitable Giving Committee, managed to raise a total of £550 for the charity.
For more information on Macmillan Coffee Mornings and the special work Macmillan provide, visit https://coffee.macmillan.org.uk/.