Glasdon International Limited is committed to protecting our customers' privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer data very seriously. We want you to be confident that your data is safe and secure with us, and understand how we collect and use your personal data through your use of our website www.glasdon.com (referred to in this policy as the "Website").
What this Policy covers
- the personal data we collect about you
- the purpose for which we collect personal data about you
- the manner in which we process your personal data
- with whom your personal data might be shared with; and
- how we protect the personal data which you provide to us
By accessing or browsing our Website you consent and agree to the use of your personal data by us in accordance with this Policy.
The Website and its webpages are operated by Glasdon International Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered office is Glasdon House, Preston New Road, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 4WA. Our company registration number is 02160568. Our VAT registration number is GB 155 8470 44.
Glasdon International Limited is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) under registration number Z533986X. This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, the personal data we collect about you.
Glasdon International Limited is referred to in this Policy as "we", "us" and "our".
For the purposes of this Policy, references to "you" or "your" shall mean as a user of the Website and / or a customer of our wide range of products and services.
1. Personal data we collect
We collect personal data about you when you:
- purchase any of our products or services ("Products")
- contact us through our Website, for example to request a quotation or to connect via Live Chat
- contact us offline, for example by telephone, text message (SMS), post, fax or email
- interact with us using our social media such as Facebook and Twitter
- complete customer feedback or surveys
- sign up for newsletters, publications and other communications
- apply and / or register for Vacancies, Job Alerts and Interest in Apprenticeships and Graduate Training Programmes
The personal data collected in the above manner may include:
- your name
- your job title
- address and post code
- email address
- telephone and fax number
- Company name
- Company address (including invoice and delivery addresses, as applicable)
- your user account details, where applicable
There may be instances where you provide us with information which is classified as "special categories of personal data", (an example would be where you provide us with special instructions regarding delivery of your Product because you have a disability). We will only process such data for the purpose of providing the Products (e.g. effecting delivery) and in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can choose whether or not to provide us with any special categories of data.
If you provide us with personal data relating to another person when you order a Product, you confirm that you have the permission of that other person to share their personal data with us.
We may monitor communications with you (such as emails and Live Chat) in order to maintain customer service standards, assist staff training and fraud prevention/compliance activities.
If you post material to our social media pages, such material will also be the subject of the policies operated by such sites. Please note that we have no control over these policies and you should familiarise yourself with content of these policies before posting.
2. Use of your personal data
We may collect personal data about you so that we can:
- administer our Website services
- fulfil our agreement with you in respect of any Products your purchase and to process your purchases and obtain payment
- notify you about important changes and developments to the Website or our Products
- analyse and profile your purchasing preferences (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the Website and review, develop and improve the Products which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme(s)
- aggregate personal data in order to conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- respond to queries, refund requests or questions relating to your order
- tailor how we inform you about Products which we think will interest you. An example would be if when you buy one Product type from us, we offer you a related Product at a discounted price
- carry out security vetting and detect and / or prevent fraudulent activities
We will only use your personal data in the circumstances set out above where it is permitted by law and where:
- we need to use your personal data in order to perform a contract with you
- we need to use your personal data in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations
- you have given us consent to use your personal data (if consent is needed, we will ask for this from you separately)
- it is reasonably necessary to use your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligations which we are subject to in the performance of our contract with you
- we need to use your personal data in pursuit of the legitimate interest of improving the Website for the benefit of you and other customers to whom we provide Products
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone or otherwise about our Products and special offers which may be of interest to you.
If you provide us with consent, via our Website, we will provide you with information about Products sold by Glasdon International Limited.
We will only send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant consent box when you provide us with your personal data. If you have consented to receive such marketing from us, you can opt-out at any time. For details on how to ask to be removed from our mailing list(s), please refer to section 4 of this Policy.
We do not hold or store any payment card details which you provide to us when you order our Products. Any payment details you provide will be held by the relevant third party payment provider (eg Worldpay or PayPal). Links to the third party payment providers' privacy policies will be available prior to the consummation of your purchase transaction.
3. Disclosure of your personal data
We may share your personal data with the following third parties who may use it for the same purposes as set out in section 2 above:
- to other companies in the Glasdon Group of Companies, including our parent company Glasdon Group Limited (but only where they are located in the European Economic Area – this means all the EU countries plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) ("EEA")
- to employees and agents of the Glasdon Group of Companies and other third parties, some of whom may be located outside the EEA, to administer any accounts and any products provided to you by the Glasdon Group of Companies now or in the future
- to trusted third parties who provide us with critical technological support that enables us to administer any accounts and any Products provided to you. Examples include our web hosting providers, our email providers, our commercial system providers and our payment gateway and payment service providers. Personal information may be stored on servers located in the United Kingdom and in the United States
- to trusted third party logistics and delivery providers who deliver Products to you on our behalf
- to trusted agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor our Products we offer to your specific needs
- to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you to supply Products
- if we have a duty pursuant to the law to do so, or if the law allows us to do so
We may also share your personal data with third parties in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We will not and do not sell your personal data to any third party for marketing or other commercial purposes.
4. How can I get my name removed from the www.glasdon.com mailing list(s)?
If you have opted in to our mailing list, and no longer wish to receive our e-newsletter or other regular promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving such communications by following the instructions that are included in each communication. You may also opt-out by:
- writing to our GDPR Owner quoting "security and privacy" at Glasdon International Limited, Innovation & Export Centre, Preston New Road, Blackpool, FY4 4UY
- phoning our Group Marketing Department on +44 1253 600434
- via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that you may still receive communications from us until we have had a reasonable opportunity to process your request.
5. How we keep your personal data secure
To protect your personal data we have policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access your personal data, that personal data is handled and stored in a secure and reliable manner, and that all systems that can access the personal data have the necessary security measures in place.
Please note that the internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breaches of your data protection rights attributable to the transmission of your personal data over the internet.
6. How long do we keep your personal data
We shall retain your personal data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed, unless we are required by law to retain your personal data for a longer period.
7. Your rights
You may exercise your rights below by contacting us using the contact details in section 13 of this Policy or by calling our Group Marketing Department on +44 1253 600434.
The right to access personal data we hold on you
At any point you can contact us to request the personal data we hold on you as well as why we have that personal data, who has access to the personal data and where we got the personal data. Once we have received your request we will respond within a reasonable time period (and in any event no longer than 30 days from the date of your request). Please contact our GDPR Owner or email email@example.com to request to see your personal data.
The right to correct and update the personal data we hold on you
If the data we hold on you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated. If you are concerned that any of the personal data we hold on you may be incorrect, and you are unable to change it yourself, please contact our GDPR Owner or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The right to have your personal data erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your personal data or that we are not entitled to use your personal data, you can request that we erase the personal data we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted. Please contact our GDPR Owner or email email@example.com to request that we delete your personal data.
The right to object to processing of your personal data
You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data. Upon receiving your request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have the legitimate grounds to continue to process your personal data. If we no longer process your personal data, we may continue to hold your personal data to comply with your other rights or our legal regulatory obligations. Please contact our GDPR Owner or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we stop processing your personal data.
The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You have the right to request that we stop contacting you with direct marketing. Further details on this can be found in section 4 of this Policy.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer your personal data to another data controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so. Please contact our GDPR Owner or email email@example.com to request to transfer your personal data to another data controller.
8. Cookies & other similar technologies
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, please refer to our Cookies and Other Similar Technologies Policy.
9. IP address
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the Website is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address (IP address). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer (or other electronic device) during a browsing session whenever you log on to the internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the internet from, for example, a computer at work).
Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our Website. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our Website and to help us develop the design and layout of our Website.
We do not use your IP address to identify you personally or capture any personal information, although we do use it (via trusted third party software) to determine your geographical location solely for the purposes of directing you to the relevant Website within the Glasdon Group of Companies.
10. Other websites
Please be aware that our Website may contain links to other websites which may be accessed through our Website. These websites are outside of our control and are not covered by this Policy.
If you access other websites using links on our Website, we are not responsible for the data policies and procedures or the content of these linked websites.
We do not endorse or otherwise accept any responsibility or liability for the content of such third party websites or third party terms and conditions or policies.
11. Anti-spam policy
What is spam?
Spam, also known as junk mail, is an unsolicited commercial email message, commonly sent in bulk email messages. Unsolicited means that the recipient has not granted verifiable permission for the message to be sent to them. Bulk means that the message is sent as part of a larger collection of messages, all having substantively identical content. The term "spamming" refers to transmitting, distributing or delivering any unwanted commercial e-mail correspondence, especially in mass quantities, through the electronic means of communication.
Measures to prevent spam
We take the following measures to prevent spam:
- we do not use email addresses that are scraped or copied and pasted from the web, or harvested in any way
- we do not have a subscription form that subscribes users to an unrelated list
- we do not send out unrelated offers or unrelated content to our recipients on our newsletter lists
- we do not email people who have requested to be removed from our mailing lists
12. Mailing practices
We do not modify the headers of any message in such a way that purposefully makes the origin of the message unclear.
All undeliverable addresses are removed from all future mailings after no more than 3 bounces.
All mailings provide clear and simple to follow instructions for opting-out of future mailings, and all reasonable attempts are made to facilitate the removal of a mailing list subscriber at their request.
Personal data submitted to us is only available to employees and trusted third parties managing this personal data for the purposes of contacting members of our lists. We have security policies in place to ensure that our mailing list data is secure from theft and misuse.
If you receive an email message that you think is spam which is sent from or sent on behalf of the Glasdon Group of Companies, please let us know the details of the email using the email address detailed below and we will then investigate the matter.
If you have questions regarding our anti-spam policy, please contact us by sending an email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Contact us
If you have any questions / comments about this Policy in general, you can email us at: email@example.com
You can also write to our GDPR Owner quoting "security and privacy enquiry" via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post at Glasdon International Limited, Innovation & Export Centre, Preston New Road, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 4UY
14. Changes to Policy
We keep our Policy under regular review. We may amend or update this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy regularly to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time your access our Website.
Where we have made changes to this Policy which affects the manner in which we use your personal data, an updated Policy will be posted on our Website and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.
Your continued use of our Website following any changes will signify your acceptance of those changes.
This policy was last updated on 25th May 2018.