The latest facts and figures about Britain's smoking habit:
- 20% of adults in the UK smoke (as of a 2010 survey by the Office for National Statistics). Based on the latest census, that's around 10 million people.
- According to ASH (http://www.ash.org.uk/), the average British smoker gets through 12-14 cigarettes per day.
- That means the UK smokes over 120 million cigarettes a day.
- Cigarette filters account for over 40% of the UK's street litter, according to Keep Scotland Beautiful and the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management. More than 120 tonnes of cigarette-related litter are discarded every day.
- Cigarette filters take up to 12 years to biodegrade and are regularly eaten by wildlife, who mistake them for food.
The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 in England and Wales imposes a fixed £75 fine for dropping litter.
A Glasdon cigarette bin offers smokers a safe, environmentally responsible place to dispose of their cigarette butts. Glasdon products can be wall mounted, free standing, or combine smoking control with general litter in a single, space-saving unit.
To discuss your requirements, contact us or use the Live Chat facility embedded on this site.